One of the oldest lighting companies in the world, Crompton Lighting was founded in 1878 by Colonel Crompton. The company quickly established a good reputation by supplying electric lamps and fittings to the palaces of Queen Victoria, including Windsor Castle and Holyrood House.
In 1887 Crompton entered the Australian marketplace and was acquired by the Australian company Lighting Corporation Ltd.
Today the Crompton Lighting product range currently incorporates intelligent luminaries and lighting controls, recessed and surface fluorescents, downlights, ambients, industrial and hazardous and exterior lighting.
Furthermore, the company is now one of the largest lighting suppliers in Australia with annual sales of over 60 million dollars. With its head office in Sydney, Crompton Lighting also has branches in Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Perth and a sales office in Far North Queensland.