Bulkheads are generally cheap, no-nonsense lights, geometrically shaped with an emphasis on function rather than decoration. They might be used in a variety of environments, whether domestically, industrially, or commercially, and they can be installed as wall or ceiling lights.
Bulkheads might occasionally use incandescent or LED technology, but by far the most common type is a fluorescent bulkhead, which offers an attractive blend of bright, energy-efficient light for relatively little initial outlay.
Prices vary greatly in bulkheads according to your needs. Some of the features you’re likely to encounter when browsing our products might include:
- Vandal resistant with shatterproof polycarbonate construction
- Dusk to dawn photocell sensor that keeps the light permanently on during darkness and switches it off at dawn.
- High frequency fluorescent models for flicker-free illumination and no humming noise
- Coastal resistant models that are especially well suited for outdoor use near the sea.
- PIR sensor that triggers the light when movement is sensed within a given range.
Ingress Protection rating
Don’t forget to check out the Ingress Protection rating of your proposed purchase. All bulkheads will be weatherproof, but you might want to check the IP figures if you intend to subject the light to jet-cleaning with a hose. An IP55 or IP65 rating for instance is an indicator that the light will withstand such treatment, whereas a second figure of 3 or 4 is good for protecting against rain but less well-suited to extreme water pressure. The first figure will also be worth heeding if the light is likely to be positioned in a dusty or dirty environment.
Lyco are confident that you’ll find the perfect bulkhead to meet your needs from our extensive range, but if you have any doubts please don’t hesitate to get in touch! We’re always on hand to offer expert advice, based on more than 15 years in the lighting retail industry.
From: £33.99 ex.VAT