It wasn’t so very long ago when the garden of the average Brit was a dark, foreboding place, and if you go back far enough it would have been a place where we visited the WC en route braving arachnids and amphibians alike!
Aside from the whole toilet thing, this ‘nocturnally out of bounds’ state of affairs still exists for many of us, but with a little investment in lighting a garden can be transformed into a nocturnal nirvana - a place where you might enjoy a little much deserved relaxation!
Lyco’s garden lighting catalogue may be conveniently divided into four sections: posts and bollards, ground spotlights, ‘plug and play’ lighting, and stake lights. Let’s take a brief look at these categories:
Posts and bollards
Posts and bollards are ideal for lighting key areas of your front or back garden, and help to keep visitors safely on a path, patio, or decking. They tend to vary significantly in initial outlay, depending on the lighting technology they use and any other extras such as movement sensors. Our selection of posts and bollards covers a wide range of traditional and contemporary styles to cater for all tastes.
Ground spotlights are the perfect thing for highlighting attractive areas of your garden and creating a visually appealing, welcoming ambiance. Even when you can’t be in the garden, you might enjoy it from indoors if it isn’t pitch-black! Spotlights are great for accentuating features such as shrubs, plants, garden ornaments or water features.
As you’d expect, stake lights are defined by their means of installation: they’re driven into the ground by a stake. So their purposes are many, whether they’re lighting a path or spotlighting. With their complete ease of use, stake lights are sometimes used in conjunction with solar technology to provide a completely self-sufficient source of light; a solar panel recharges the light’s batteries by day and the garden is subsequently illuminated by night. This has really been made possible by the extremely low power drawn by energy-efficient LED lights.
Plug and Play Lighting
Plug and play lighting refers to expandable low voltage lighting schemes or kits for your garden. Because the lights are low voltage they’re easy to install - there’s no necessity for deeply buried cables and they can be safely set up without the need for an electrician. You simply choose your lighting scheme and connect it to a driver or transformer with a sufficient maximum wattage load, and you’re away! A diverse range of plug and play garden fittings is available.
Whether you’re a homeowner or perhaps a restaurateur or hotelier, planning an inviting night-time garden is potentially very beneficial. Make a space where you or your customers can relax, and feel comfortable and safe. Create a memorable evening ambiance! All of this is possible with our range of products, and we at Lyco are always on hand to assist you with your lighting projects.
From: £13.99 ex.VAT
- Fully adjustable polycarbonate light in an Anthracite finish
- Intended as an addition to Ludeco garden lights sets, if used individually additional cables and transformer will be required
- 1 x 2W LED
- IP44 rated, protected against solid objects greater than 1mm and splashing water
- Size: H 65 x W 86 x Dia 40mm
From: £26.99 ex.VAT
- Suitable for walkover, drive over and underwater applications (up to1M deep)
- Hardwearing stainless steel construction, complete with synthetic diffuser
- IP67 rated, totally protected against dust and suitable for immersion between 15 and 100cm
- Recommended for use with energy saving bulbs
- Dimensions: H W 175 x D 323mm
From: £5.99 ex.VAT
This Techmar 6-metre Extension Cable for Plug and Play Lighting hooks up to the main feed cable of a plug-and-play lighting scheme, and allows lights to be spaced further apart.
- 6M extension cable intended for use with plug and play garden and ludeco lights
- Can be connected to mains cable allowing lights to be placed further apart for a truly bespoke lighting scheme
- Alternative, 10M extension cable and 3 way connector allowing 3 lights to be connected from 1 socket are also available
- Max load 120W
From: £11.49 ex.VAT
- Aluminium casing in matt black finish with glass diffuser
- Includes ground stake base, 2M cable and connector
- IP65 rated, totally protected against dust and jets of water from any direction
- Complete with 12v 20w GU5.3 halogen lamp
- Dimensions: H 180 (excl stake) x W 150mm