Emergency lighting plays a crucial part in any business, as the safety of your staff and customers is paramount. Our range of emergency light fittings, exit signs and conversion kits allow you to fulfill your obligations, look after your staff and customers, and all without it having to cost the earth.
At the same time there is no need to sacrifice the interior design of your premises, as we stock functional and decorative emergency light fittings that easily complement your existing lighting.
The purpose of emergency lighting itself it to ensure that your employees and visitors can safely find their way to exit routes in the event of an emergency, even if a power failure occurs.
Definition of Emergency Light Fittings
Maintained Emergency Lighting: Illuminated all the time
Maintained emergency light fittings are designed to provide constant illumination and have integral batteries to power the fitting for 3 hours if there is a power failure.
Government fire safety codes require certain premises to install maintained emergency lighting. These include theatres, restaurants, pubs, concert / exhibition halls and stadiums - anywhere the primary lighting may be dimmed and where people may consume alcohol. The light will remain on even when the power fails.
Non-Maintained Emergency Lighting : Illuminates only when power fails
Certain premises (e.g. those with fewer than 250 people present at one time) can use a non-maintained emergency lighting system if preferred, which is switched on only when the power fails. As with maintained they run for 3 hours using built in batteries.
Dual Purpose: Maintained / Non-Maintained
Can be installed as either maintained or non-maintained to suit requirements.
Wide Choice of Emergency Lights & Signs Available
Lyco's wide range of emergency lighting and signs is sure to offer the emergency fittings you require for your premises. Choose from:
- Emergency exit signs with flexible legends. Some signs are also lit by maintained or non maintained emergency lights.
- Recessed fluorescent emergency lights for unobtrusive emergency fittings.
- Powerful halogen emergency spotlights for larger premises.
- Sleek and stylish emergency ceiling lights and downlights that blend easily with other indoor fittings for discreet emergency lighting.
All our emergency lights are made from high quality materials such as steel and shatterproof polycarbonate, to give you emergency lighting that is reliable and long-lasting.
Matching Non-Emergency Lighting
Some of our emergency lights have a matching standard model which does not illuminate when mains power is off. This allows you to have a smart looking office or other building in which all the wall/ceiling lights look the same.
Energy Efficient Long Life Lighting
Our emergency lights make use of various light sources according to their design. LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes), fluorescent tubes and low energy lamps are perfect for maintained fittings, as they are long lasting and highly energy efficient. As non-maintained emergency fittings are designed to be lit for only a short period of time, bright and powerful lamps such as Halogen are ideal, especially for large premises that require very bright emergency lighting. For more information about emergency lighting check out our guide.
From: £20.99 ex.VAT
- Includes polycarbonate legend panel with down arrow
- Steel body with removable gear tray and LED charge light
- Alternative legend panels with left, right and up arrows available separately
- Includes diffuser on base for added downward illumination of exit path
- Includes facility for remote switching
From: £18.49 ex.VAT
The 8W Emergency Exit Box Sign can be used as a maintained or non-maintained light according to your needs, and comes complete with an energy-efficient T5 tube.
- IP20 rated
- Dual purpose
- Self adhesive signs available separately
- Requires 8W T5 fluorescent tube (sold separately)
- Size: L 392 x H 190 x W 60mm
From: £61.49 ex.VAT
- Maintained emergency lighting
- Can be installed through a 60mm cut-out
- Provides up to 3 hour battery backup
- Also available for converting mains voltage and LED lighting
- Aurora - A brand you can trust
From: £80.49 ex.VAT
The IP65 LED Bulkhead blends seamlessly with regular fittings in the same range, but as a maintained emergency light it provides three hours of back-up illumination during a power cut.
- LED bulkhead with White polycarbonate base and Opal polycarbonate diffuser
- Maintained emergency light, will provide up to 3 hours back-up should the power fail
- 15W Cool White, 4000k, LED array providing 850 lumen output
- Suitable for wall or ceiling mounting
- IP65 rated
- 5 year guarantee
- Size: L 245 x W 245 x D 83mm
From: £15.49 ex.VAT
The Eterna LED Emergency Bulkhead can be installed as a maintained or non-maintained emergency fitting, and offers full protection against dust and rain.
- Slim and compact design with polycarbonate construction
- Hinged gear tray and BESA entry fixings for easy installation and maintenance
- Can be installed maintained or non-maintained
- Includes legend set
- IP65 rated
- Size: H 80 x W 340 x D 80mm
From: £19.99 ex.VAT
The 1.5W LED 3 Hour Compact Emergency Downlight in white is a discreet emergency light.
- Supplied with both Satin Silver and White finishes
- Pre-wired for easy installation
- LED glows green in standby mode and bright white in emergency mode activating in the event of mains lighting failure
- Light output 36 Lux at 1M to 1.44M Lux at 5M
From: £45.49 ex.VAT
- Low energy emergency fitting with White finish with opal polycarbonate diffuser
- Provides 3 hour battery back-up in the event of power failure
- Removeable gear tray with retaining strap for easy installation and maintenance
- Can be wall or ceiling mounted
- IP65 rated
- Complete with 28W low energy 2D 4 pin bulb
- Size: D 105 x Dia 334mm