Indoor LightingThere is a strong chance that Lyco has the widest range of indoor lighting and light fittings available online today. Why not take a look and decide for yourself.
There are many types of lighting that might shelter under this particular umbrella: bathroom lighting, downlight fittings, floor lights, picture lights, task lighting, spotlights and bars, track lighting, wire lighting, candles and candle holders.
To expand upon each of them a little further:
- Bathroom lighting: this might incorporate task-orientated lights or various spotlight arrangements, but one thing to always be aware of when fitting a bathroom lights is its proximity to water. Any luminaire designed for bathroom use is likely to carry an IP rating, the second figure of which refers to its resistance to water. Typically a second figure of ‘3’ is required for a light to be suitable for any exposure to any water at all (e.g. IP43). This rises to ‘4’ if you want to place the light directly above a bath or shower (e.g. IP54), and extends all the way up to ‘7’ if the light is to be used within the shower cubicle or bath tub (e.g. 67). These figures should be carefully double-checked against the manufacturer’s advice for any given product.
- Downlight fittings might include recessed spotlights, sometimes fixed and sometimes adjustable; fire rated downlights that plug and gap in the ceiling to maintain its integrity during a fire; or wall-washing downlights that fire light in a downward angle against a wall. In a ceiling they tend to be very low-profile - either recessed or semi-flush, so they’re functional without being obtrusive.
- Floor lights: typically tall-standing lights with a large base ideal as reading lamps or for general illumination. At any given time we’re likely to stock a lot of these, so study there design and try to correlate that with your intended use. Overhanging floor lights are perfect for placing alongside an armchair.
- Picture lights: picture lights are available in different forms, including halogen, CFL, or LED, any of which might influence your decision. Halogen is a high quality display light with the more natural output of the three, but it also generates heat; CFL is an energy-saving light with low use of wattage and a long lifespan, although it contains a level of toxic mercury; LED is the longer-lasting of the three, is eco-friendly, but also more expensive and less natural than filament burning lights. So you have choices.
- Task lighting: might incorporate any number of specifications, but is often extremely practical by design, may or may not have high colour accuracy (high CRI), might be a cool white rather than a warm white, or in the case of some lights might incorporate a magnifying glass for reading or detail work.
- Spotlights and bars, track lighting, wire lighting: all essentially designed to focus the light on a particular area, a spotlight bar tends to have fixed lights with adjustable heads; track lights can be moved to any position along a track in addition to being fully adjustable; and wire lights can be installed without support across an uneven surface, with the lights positionable anywhere along the wire. When it comes to spotlighting, there are always choices!
- Candles and candle holders: perhaps not quite as obvious as they seem, we usually stock liquid wax candles suitable for use in a business thanks to their extra element of safety - they extinguish automatically if knocked over. They also don’t produce potentially damaging smoke, thus preserving any delicate décor. I addition to the naked flame variety of candle we can usually furnish you with LED varieties, often battery-operated, with LEDs that will last for years and years. An ideal way to create ambiance in any home or homely environment.
Our Indoor Lighting range incorporates a wide range of technologies but if you're after LED why not browse our exciting Indoor LED Lighting range.