Our lawnmowers come with a variety of specifications. The more expensive of them are likely to be self-propelled, which are weightless in operation and only require you to control their direction. Push mowers are fine for anyone in reasonable physical condition with a modest-sized garden.
Lawnmower features include the following:
- Cutting height can be adjusted to varying degrees, depending on the model, to adjust grass height for different seasons or purposes.
- Cutting width: wider cutting widths make easier work of mowing large lawns. A 30cm blade is fine for smaller lawns (up to 50 square metres), whilst larger gardens will be better served by 36-46cm blades.
- Box capacity varies between lawnmower models. This clearly affects the frequency with which you have to offload cuttings.
- Cable length also varies, potentially avoiding the need for special outdoor extension cables.
- Weight will be a consideration in a lawnmower, especially push lawnmowers. You’ll also need to be able to easily move your mower from its storage area.