Careers @ Lyco
Lyco are currently recruiting for the following role...
IT Support (Apprentice)
Reporting to: IT Direct
Full training and support for this role will be given.
- Main purpose of role: To provide front line IT support to Staff & Customers.
- To ensure that calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- To install and configure PCs and associated peripherals and software.
- To provide technical support to telephone and email requests from users for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
- To log support calls and document their outcome to facilitate the resolution of common queries.
- To redirect or escalate support requests to the appropriate member of the IT Support Centre.
- To pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls.
- To contribute to ensuring that the HelpDesk systems and software are kept up to date and messages are passed on and feedback received promptly.
- To deploy PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment.
- To install and configure operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Director.
- To install and configure software to agreed standards under the direction of the IT Director.
- To maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the IT Director, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- To develop their skills and knowledge with respect to front-line support.
- To assist in the compilation of the Support Centre's technical documentation, guidelines and procedures and ensure they are disseminated to users.
- To provide at all times a professional, courteous and rapid response to individual users.
- To undertake such projects of a level commensurate with the responsibility of the post, as designated by the IT Director.
- To undertake such other work as may be assigned which is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility.
General tasks associated with the smooth running of the IT system and infrastructure.
To apply for this role please send your CV to email@example.com
Strictly no agencies